tabbed child pages
Click on a photo to learn more about this year’s talented teachers and performers.
1. No fee adjustments will be made in the case of late arrival or early departure,
2. Resident (overnight) children campers under the age of 13 years must be accompanied by a parent/Guardian who is a registered camper. Children are the responsibility of the parent or Guardian at all times.
3. Everyone must register, sign waivers and pay before the beginning of camp or before the gathering on the first night.
4. For safety reasons, only registered campers or volunteers are allowed to camp on site.
5. AlgomaTrad attempts to create an atmosphere of community and in this regard all campers will be encouraged to participate in Dining Hall preparation and clean up and Camp Site maintenance.
6. The Algoma Traditional Music and Dance Family Camp reserves the right to expel, at any time, registrants deemed to be behaving in a way that threatens the safety and/or well being of themselves or others, or who place at risk the property or other registrants. Refunds will not be granted in this case.
7. There is a NO Smoking policy on the AlgomaTrad Centre site or at any of the sites being used for workshops, dances, and concerts.
9. The Algoma Traditional Music and Dance Family Camp cannot be held responsible for loss, theft or damage of belongings.
10. While considerable precautions are taken to secure the safety of registrants to AlgomaTrad 2021, The Algoma Traditional Music and Dance Family Camp cannot assume liability in the event of sickness or accident. Adequate health insurance is recommended.
11. The Algoma Traditional Music and Dance Family Camp reserves the right to use your or your family’s image for future presentations, funding, and advertising without any further approval or payment to you.
By registering for AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021, you agree to discharge AlgomaTrad, its staff, and volunteers from any claims for damages or personal injury which may result from you or your family’s participation in the AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021.
General info about AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021
AlgomaTrad Camp 2021 is a residential camp. At this time, we only offer basic camping at the AlgomaTrad Centre (see below). For those not interested in camping, motel and B&B information can be found under the Accommodations page.
All workshops, meals, jam sessions, mini-concerts, and programming occur at the AlgomaTrad Centre, 1249 F&G Line, Richards Landing, St. Joseph Island, Ontario. The Wednesday, August 11rh evening Staff Concert will take place at the Richards Landing Centennial Grounds and will be open to the public – Public Health regulations for masking and distancing at outdoor events will be followed.
Information about our instructors/performers can be found on the Team page. Workshop schedules will be available soon – let us know your main areas of interest and study when you register and we’ll do our best to make sure it is on the schedule!
2021 Registration Fees
|Full Registrant||WorkTrade||Daycamper – Lunch only|
|Accompanying spouse or parent||$450||N/A|
- FULL registration includes all meals, workshops, evening programming and camping.
- FULL registration with WORKTRADE is a reduced fee for up to 2 hours of work exchange each day.
- Full fee for Accompanying spouse or parent includes all meals, Gathering, and evening events.
- Daycamper registration includes lunch, workshops, and evening programming. Day campers 4 – 7 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian at all times. **Please inquire if Parent/Guardian would like to purchase lunch.
- Children 3 years and under are welcome at no extra cost, but there is no specific programming for this age group.
The Nicholas Missere Bursary Fund is a needs-based bursary fund. Please inquire about availability.
Camping, either in a tent or in a trailer, is the only onsite option for accommodation at the AlgomaTrad Centre. Registrants 13 and under must be accompanied by parent/guardian. Please contact us if you are between the ages of 14 and 18 and would like to attend the Camp without a parent/guardian. There is potable water, washrooms, and showers onsite but there are no water/sewage hook ups. Electrical outlets are limited and restricted to light use (no AC).
Covid-19 and AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021 Guidelines
Under the guidance of Algoma Public Health, we have prepared detailed AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021 COVID Guidelines. When you register you will be required to state that you have read, understand, and will follow these guidelines.
I can’t attend camp this year but I still want to SUPPORT the growth, development, and vision of AlgomaTrad.
Become an AlgomaTrad volunteer! Contact us for details.
Welcome to the Registration Page
Before you Register, please read the “AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021 COVID Guidelines“. You will be asked to confirm you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this document when you fill out the AlgomaTrad 2021 Registration Form. Sorry for the extra work, but we need to follow Algoma Public Health guidelines and we want everyone to feel safe when they are at Camp.
You will be asked to also agree to the General Terms and Conditions for the AlgomaTrad 2021 Family Camp. Please review them before filling out your online form, you will be asked to confirm that you have read and agree to them.
If you cannot fill out an online from, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can email you a hard copy for you to fill out and return by email.
Once you have submitted your form, you will receive a confirmation email that will include information on how to submit your registration fees. Please note that your registration is not complete until we receive your fee. If you would like to pay in installments, please contact us and we can make arrangements – in this case, please indicate on the Registration Form that you will be paying by cheque.
There are limited openings for campers in need of financial aid to receive scholarships from the needs-based Nicholas Missere Bursary Fund. Please inquire about availability.