General info about AlgomaTrad Camp 2020
AlgomaTrad Camp 2020 is a residential camp. At this time, we only offer basic camping at the AlgomaTrad Centre (see below). For those not interested in camping, motel and B&B information can be found under the Accommodations tab.
All workshops, meals, dances, sessions, mini-concerts, and programming occur at the AlgomaTrad Centre, 1249 F&G Line, Richards Landing, St. Joseph Island, Ontario. The Tuesday evening Staff Concert will take place at the Richards Landing Centennial Grounds.
A summary of who will be teaching and performing at Camp this year, with links to registration forms, bios, etc, can be found HERE. Workshop schedules will be available by mid July – let us know your main areas of interest and study when you register and we’ll do our best to make sure it is on the schedule!
2020 Registration Fees
|DAYCAMPER Lunch only|
|Accompanying spouse or parent||$425||N/A||See below **|
- FULL registration includes all meals, workshops, evening programming and camping.
- FULL registration with WORKTRADE is a reduced fee for up to 2 hours of work exchange each day.
- Full fee for Accompanying spouse or parent includes all meals, Gathering, and evening events.
- Daycamper registration includes lunch, workshops, and evening programming. Day campers 4 – 7 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian at all times. **Please inquire if Parent/Guardian would like to purchase lunch.
- Children 3 years and under are welcome at no extra cost, but there is no specific programming for this age group.
The Nicholas Missere Bursary Fund is a needs-based bursary fund. Please inquire about availability.
At this time, camping, either in a tent or in a trailer, is the only option for accommodation at the AlgomaTrad Centre. Registrants 13 and under must be accompanied by parent/guardian. Please contact us if you are between the ages of 14 and 18 and would like to attend the Camp without a parent/guardian. There is potable water, washrooms, and showers onsite but there are no water/sewage hook ups. Electrical outlets are limited and restricted to light use (no AC).
Note about Covid-19 and AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2020
At the time of the opening of registration, the situation concerning the spread of Covid-19 was still developing. The AlgomaTrad: Algoma Traditional Music and Dance Group will be following all Federal and Provincial Public Health guidelines and directives concerning public events and travel restrictions. In the event that the AlgomaTrad Family Camp is cancelled due to governmental directives, full refunds will be administered to registrants.