AlgomaTrad Family Camp 2021 Pre-Registration Now Open
The 18th annual AlgomaTrad Family Camp is now taking Pre-Registrations. Click on the image to fill out the 2021 Pre-Registration form or read all about it!
If there’s one thing we have learned through the pandemic, it’s that we need to be flexible and adaptable to change. But we know that people want to start making their summer plans, and so do we! In order to help us with our planning, we are opening up pre-registration along with the request for payment of a $100 non-refundable pre-registration fee per household to express your commitment to being a part of our Camp Week this year no matter what it looks like. Pre-registrations are due by Monday, July 5th.
The pre-registration form will help us determine how many people are interested in attending camp or taking classes virtually and help us figure out our budget and final fees. While we can’t tell you right now what that fee structure is, we would say that it would be in a similar range to previous in-person or virtual camp offerings, as the case may be, and taking into account extra costs that might be incurred from following Public Health guidelines.
What will our 2021 camp look like?
- In-person with as many people allowed as per Public Health guidelines, including staff. The Algoma Public Health Unit is advising us on requirements that may be needed for registrants attending Camp in-person, but some of those will not be clear to them until the end of July and the beginning of Ontario’s Phase 3 opening.
- Some online instruction and events. Online classes will be dedicated virtual sessions, not hybrid, so the instructor can focus on the relationship with those participants.
- Some meals via “take-out” food through the kitchen, with eating outdoors and social distancing. Campers may be responsible for some of their meals.
- Most programming will take place outdoors while following Public Health Unit guidelines for distancing, masking, and cleaning protocols.
- Fully online, with a small staff on-site.
Completing the pre-registration form and payment of the pre-registration fee will secure your spot in at least Plan B should we need to go this route, but we truly hope that we can provide a safe in-person experience that may include reduced numbers this year.
As part of your pre-registration, we are looking to see how many people would like to participate online, even if an in-person option is available, as well as how many are flexible with attending either online or in-person in case numbers allowed are restricted.
If an in-person experience is possible, accommodations include camping onsite or booking your own accommodations through one of our local providers (i.e.: motel, B&B). Some participants have also been hosted by local families on the island.
The following will give you an idea of what our fees have been in the past:
2020 Online Only
- Youth (ages 17 and under) $150 (early bird $125)
- Adult $200 (early bird $175)
- Household/Family $350 (early bird $300)
2019 In-Person Only
|Registration Fees from 2019
Thank you for completing the AlgomaTrad Camp 2021 Pre-Registration Form. We appreciate your flexibility given this unique situation in which we all find ourselves.
Please check out our staff page by clicking on TEAM and the top of the Camp page to find out which staff are confirmed at this time, and stay tuned for more to come!