Last Minute Details about the Camp and Other AlgomaTrad News–
AlgomaTrad 2013 is about to begin! We are bursting at the seams, bigger than ever, and only a few days to go! To all of you who are not registrants or volunteers for camp here is some info and a couple of requests:
- · LIVE AUCTION – Thurs. Aug. 15th – 7pm. Silent Auction ongoing from Thurs. to Friday night.
To all AlgomaTrad Lovers and Supporters: each year at the Camp we host fundraiser Live and Silent Auctions. All proceeds go towards the Nicholas Missere Bursary Fund, which helps families and individuals attend the camp, helps defray some of the costs of the Camp (staff travel particularly) and helps us provide traditional music, dance, and art workshops throughout the year. This event is always a lot of fun – entertaining, funny, and fantastic and is open to the public! If you have any auction items (e.g., services, gift certificates, artwork, antiques, etc) to donate to AlgomaTrad (we would be very appreciative!) to help keep us going, please contact us – email us, phone us, or drop your item at any of the following locations
- Ableson Family – 1633 20th Side Rd, St. Joseph Island, just south of Kent’s Corners. 246-3052
- Missere Family -1706 Queen St., in the Sault. 575 -5096
- The O’Schrave Family Farm otherwise known as “The Jigging Pig Farm”- 340 McKinnon Side Rd, Desbarats, just off Gordon Lake Rd. 782-4311
- STAFF CONCERT: Monday, August 12th, 7PM. Space is very limited and doors will open at 6:30pm. Suggested donation: $20/Adult.
- FINAL STUDENT CONCERT: Sat. August 17th, 1:30 pm.
- LOOKING FOR TRAILERS – we are looking to borrow/rent two campers or trailers or tent trailers to house over-flowstaff. These need not be fancy as long as they are clean. They will be well looked after for the week (11-18) and utilized just for sleeping facilities since meals and bathrooms are on site and no smoking is allowed anywhere on the site as well. Any occupants will be highly respectful and appreciative. Call us if you can help out.
- CAMP PHONE# – 705-246-7434
OTHER EVENTS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT::
- Wabi Sabi – occurs all weekend, August 9 to 11, 10am – 5pm, at the Richards Landing Old Town Hall. www.wabisabiarts.org