Last Minute Details about the Camp and Other AlgomaTrad News–
AlgomaTrad 2012 is about to begin! We are bursting at the seams and folks are starting to arrive this weekend. To all of you who are not coming to the Camp this weekend here is some info and one request:
- DRY STONE WALL WORKSHOP – AlgomaTrad is presenting this workshop during the week of the Camp, Aug 13 to 17, app. 6 hours/day, starts at 9am each day. (Half day registration available). Learn the basics of dry stone wall building, w/ some instruction on different traditions. $400 for the week, all supplies provided (gloves, safety glasses and steel toed boots required), no meals included, enrolment is limited. Call705 782 4311.
- STAFF CONCERT: Monday, August 13th, 7PM. Admission by donation. A full week schedule will be posted on the AlgomaTrad website soon.
- LOOKING FOR TRAILERS – we are looking to borrow a couple of campers/trailers/tent trailers to house over-flow staff. These need not be fancy as long as they are clean. They will be well looked after for the week (12-19). Only sleeping facilities to be used as meals and bathrooms are on site and no smoking is allowed anywhere on the site. Any occupants will be highly respectful and appreciative. Call us at 705 782 4311 if you can help out.
- AUCTION – occurs Thursday, August 16th, 7:00PM. Open to the public. We are also looking for donations for this event. This is a fundraiser for our Nicholas Missere Bursary Fund, which helps families and individuals attend the camp or workshops during the year. There will be a silent auction for smaller items.
THREE OTHER CONCERTS/EVENTS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT:
- Sheesham and Lotus, who played a sold out show in Richards Landing in the spring and brought down the house, will be performing at the new and beautiful Sowerby Round Barn on Saturday, August 11, before they arrive at our camp to instruct and perform. Admission by Donation. Call Will Samis, 705 843 5567 for info.
- Katherine Wheatley and Wendell Ferguson – will be performing at the lovely new timber-frame stage on Tuesday, August 14th. Presented by St. Joseph Twp, call 705 246-2625 for further information. Tickets $20. Children under 12 free
- Wabi Sabi – occurs all weekend, August 10 to 12, 10am – 5pm, at the Richards Landing Old Town Hall. www.wabisabiarts.org